Sip The Summer Away with these 5 Iced Coffee Recipes
As the temperature rises and the sun shines brighter, there's no better way to beat the heat and energize your day than with a refreshing glass of chilled coffee goodness.
Iced coffees are a timeless trend that most people hop on when summer kicks in. Some love it so much that they stay loyal to their iced coffees throughout the year, no matter the season! And rightfully so. Coffee is a pretty versatile drink on its own but make it iced and you have got a lot more options! They can be paired with just iced water or can be blended with different kinds of milk, sweeteners, flavours and ingredients!
In this blog, we'll take you on a journey through five delectable, iced coffee recipes that will elevate your summer sipping experience to new heights. Whether you're a coffee connoisseur, a casual enthusiast, or simply looking for a cool pick-me-up, these recipes are guaranteed to satisfy your cravings and keep you cool all summer long.
But first, let’s see how iced coffees are made
The base of any iced coffee drink is plain coffee. Similar to how it is prepared otherwise, there are several different ways to brew your coffee. You can ground your own beans and brew them using an espresso machine, a Pour-over, a French Press, a Filter Kappi pot or even a Moka pot! TGL Co offers custom ground coffee beans that will work for all these brewing styles. Another convenient route to take is to use instant coffee. This can help you make your iced coffee drinks faster, whenever you need it. TGL Co. offers a variety of instant coffee powders that you can choose from! You can also freeze your coffee in your ice trays to have ready-to-use coffee cubes! Once you have your coffee base ready, it's time to move on to the delicious summer drink recipes.
Iced coffee recipes you have to try this summer
This is the classic, no-brainer drink to choose when you need a quick energy boost. Here’s how to make an iced latte.
- Prepare a shot of coffee by brewing it. Alternatively, you can mix 1 teaspoon of instant coffee with 60 ml of warm water.
- Add iced cubes to your liking.
- Top it off with the milk and sweetener of your choice!
This method will create a swirly, ombre effect which makes the coffee as visually appealing as its taste!
Vietnamese Iced coffee
Vietnamese Iced Coffee or Cà Phê Sữa Đá has been getting a lot of traction lately due to the uniqueness of its flavours! It's a delectable milky drink that uses sweetened condensed milk. It is what lends this recipe a creamy texture and bold flavour. Here’s the recipe.
- Add 4-5 tbsp of sweetened condensed milk to your glass. You can mix in a little bit of regular milk if you prefer a less sweet drink.
- Brew one cup of hot coffee. You can also dissolve instant coffee powder in a cup of hot water for a quicker version.
- Fill your glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the cup of coffee on top and voila, it's ready!
- Stir the coffee well before drinking to ensure that the coffee mixes evenly with the condensed milk.
Typically, you won’t need to add a sweetener to it since the condensed milk is already sweet. However, feel free to adjust this to your preference.
Hazelnut Iced Coffee
Hazelnut is a popular ingredient that is often paired with coffee, owing to its earthy, nutty taste. It nicely complements the bitterness of the coffee and is a fantastic twist to add to your usual iced coffee recipe. Here’s how to make a lip-smacking hazelnut iced coffee.
- Brew one cup of coffee and allow it to cool. You can also dissolve a teaspoon of instant coffee powder in lukewarm water and keep it aside.
- Fill your glass with ice cubes.
- Pour this cup of coffee into your glass and add 2 teaspoons of hazelnut syrup to it.
- Add your sweetener of choice.
- Lastly, top it off with a quarter cup of milk. Stir well and enjoy!
A faster and more convenient way to make this recipe is to use TGL Co’s newly launched hazelnut-flavoured instant coffee! Just follow the same recipe and omit the hazelnut syrup.
Kahlua Iced Coffee
Kahlua is a popular coffee liqueur that is used as the base layer for many coffee-based cocktails. If you’re hosting a party, this recipe is a great way to add some edge to your menu.
- Fill your glass with ice.
- To it, add a cup of coffee, a shot of Kahlua and the sweetener of your choice.
- Top it off with some heavy cream or milk.
- Garnish it with some whipped cream and coffee powder and it's ready to serve!
Caramel Iced Coffee
Indulge in the perfect blend of sweetness, creaminess, and a jolt of caffeine with this delightful Caramel Iced Coffee recipe. This irresistible beverage is the ultimate treat for coffee lovers seeking a refreshing and satisfying pick-me-up.
- To get this recipe started, brew a nice cup of coffee.
- Once you have brewed your coffee, stir through some caramel sauce and cool it down completely using the refrigerator.
- Fill a big glass or mason jar with ice cubes till half full.
- Pour your cold coffee on top of the ice cubes.
- Add milk or your favorite milk substitute.
- Top this off with a generous amount of your home-made caramel sauce, add a straw and enjoy!
TGL Co’s newly launched caramel-flavoured instant coffee can help make this recipe so much easier! Just follow the same recipe and omit the caramel sauce.
Iced coffees have won the hearts of many this summer, and it's time for you to experience the joy of sipping on this rejuvenating beverage. Select the coffee of your choice from TGL Co’s wide selection and try out the recipes we recommended in this article. Cheers to a summer filled with iced coffee bliss!