Beat the summer heat with these 4 refreshing iced tea recipes!
Summer is the time to indulge in chilled beverages to beat the heat, and what better way to quench your thirst than with a refreshing glass of iced tea? The classic summer drink has been a favorite for years, and it's not hard to see why. Iced tea is easy to make, delicious, and incredibly versatile. You can add your favorite fruits or herbs to give it a unique flavor. In this blog, we'll share some tips on how to make the perfect iced tea to breeze through the summer.
What are Iced Teas?
Iced teas are the cold counterparts to your regular hot teas. Any tea which can be brewed and consumed as a hot tea can be essentially made into an iced tea as well! Iced teas are the perfect summer drink choice as they pair well with a variety of flavors, leaving you open to experimenting and coming up with your concoctions!
There are three ways to brew your tea when it comes to making iced teas:
- Cold Brew: The best technique to make iced tea is via cold brewing. Although it requires the most time, it is also the simplest way. Tea leaves or bags are steeped in water and allowed to brew in the refrigerator. Depending on the tea, it takes between 6 and 12 hours to make.
- Hot Brew: This process is quicker than preparing cold brew, but if done wrong, it can result in bitter iced tea. Hot water is used to brew tea, which is subsequently cooled. It takes around one to two hours to make.
- Ice Chill: It is the quickest technique to prepare iced tea, but typically requires a lot of ice. If done wrong, this might turn your iced tea bitter and cloudy. The trick is to swiftly cool off the hot tea with ice, immediately after it's prepared. The whole thing takes less than ten minutes.
The next step is to choose your tea!
Choosing the right tea is the first step in preparing a fantastic, iced tea. Remember that when making iced tea, some tea varieties perform better than others. The most popular teas for iced tea are black, green, and herbal tea.
With its bold robust flavors, black tea is the classic choice for iced tea. Green tea is healthier and lighter in terms of flavors. Last but not the least, if you are looking for a caffeine-free alternative, go for a herbal tea, which comes in a variety of flavors. These include Chamomile, Rooibos and Peppermint.
You can use these teas from the TGL Co. range as the base for your recipe and create refreshing summer beverages. This article unlocks four delectable concoctions using TGL Co. products, that will make your summer memorable.
Classic Iced Tea
Classic Iced Tea is a drink that can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike! It is packed with flavor and is a healthier choice compared to soda.
- Take 4 teabags of Darjeeling Black Tea, Rose Glow Black Tea or Assam Black Tea.
- Soak these bags in 3 cups of hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Add 3 tbsp lemon juice to the tea.
- Add the sweetener of your choice and adjust according to preference.
- Mix 2 tbsp of mint leaves and 3 tbsp of lemon juice with half a cup of water and blend.
- In a glass, add some ice cubes and pour the mint concoction over it. Add the tea and garnish it with some mint leaves and lemon wedges.
Peppermint Iced Tea
This delicious drink can be made with the Miracle Mint Tea from TGL Co. which gives it a flavourful kick, perfect to beat the heat!
- Soak 4 tea bags in 2 cups of hot water for 4-5 minutes.
- Let it cool down for a while.
- Add your preferred sweetener and mix it with the tea.
- Squeeze some lemon juice into the mixture.
- Fill a tall glass with ice and top it off with your peppermint tea. Garnish it with mint leaves and serve it with lemon wedges for some extra zing!
Detox Summer Iced Tea
Use this recipe made with TGL Co's Lemon Detox Tea on days when you need a reset!
- Soak the Lemon Detox Tea bags in hot water for 4-5 minutes.
- To it, squeeze half a lemon and add some lemon wedges.
- Chop up some mint leaves and add them to this mix.
- Optional: Add small pieces of ginger.
- Let this mixture soak for a while and strain before serving.
- Enjoy the flavors and detoxifying properties of this soothing tea.
Tropical Summer Iced Tea
Summer is the best time to infuse tropical flavors into your beverages. Iced teas are no exception!
- Soak TGL Co's Mogo Mogo Green Tea bags in hot water. This is a delicious green tea blended with tropical fruits and flowers such as Banana, Mango, Melon, Passion Flower Leaves, Sunflowers, Guava & Cornflowers
- In a blender, blend some pineapple chunks or strawberries, lemon juice and mint leaves to amplify the already delicious flavors of this tea.
- Add sweetener as needed to this crushed fruit mix.
- Fill a glass tumbler with ice and add the tropical crushed fruit mixture to it.
- Pour the tea into the tumbler and give it a good stir.
Iced teas are easy to make and pack a punch so that you stay one step ahead of the heat! Check out the tea selection on TGL Co's website to pick out the perfect tea for your next iced beverage!