TGL Co. Milk Oolong Tea
This hand rolled Oolong is dipped in milk and fermented to give a creamy, luscious and very indulgent profile.
About Milk Oolong Tea:
This hand-rolled Oolong has a naturally creamy profile which lends to an enticingly indulgent cup. There are some incredulous legends around the origins of this tea, the most bizarre being that once tears from a sorrowful moon fell directly onto this tea to suffuse the leaf with simultaneous emotions of love and longing. While you may have a hard time believing this story, this brew is sure to evoke the same feelings when you take the very first sip. The characteristic buttery taste of the leaves is accentuated by steeping them in milk before roasting to give the Milk Oolong its name. Naturally sweet with a creamy, butter profile, this tea is light, while being very elegant and very indulgent.
Built on rich creamy foundation of dairy notes, this brew treats your tongue to a velvety, smooth buttery texture and nuances of milk which imparts a well-rounded long finish to the brew.
- Aroma: An appeasing creamy, buttery aroma
- Complements: Cookies, Biscuits and macaroons
- Health Benefit*: Improves immunity, increases metabolism, Aids weight loss, Fights obesity
- Caffeine Content: Medium
- Appearance: Bright straw yellow
- *Ingredients included in the tea are known to contribute to the mentioned health benefits.
- semi-fermented milk oolong tea
- Allow 1 tsp of tea for each 150 ml of water
- Bring the water to boil and then let it cool down to 90°C
- Pour and leave to infuse for 3-5 minutes
- Sieve and serve