TGL Co. Green Pu-Erh Green Tea
This green equivalent of the niche Puerh tea from the Yunnan province is aged to give it a distinctive mellow and smoked flavour.
About Green Pu-Erh Green Tea:
Unlike cheese and wine, aging is relatively unexplored when it comes to tea. But when done right, it creates a masterful blend with delicate nuances and an intense aroma. Our Green Puerh is definitely one of those. Fresh tea is handpicked and tossed by hand in giant woks long enough to halt the tea’s oxidation, but not so long as to drive off all moisture and kill natural bacteria. The tea is then left to dry in the sun, but the bacteria live on, and over time, they help completely transform the tea from a fresh, bitter green into something more smooth, mellow, and rich. Our Puerh tea is an excellent probiotic and has a distinctive smoky aftertaste.
Earthy and vegetal notes exist in synergy to impart a woody smack muffled under the flavours of burnt charcoal
- Aroma: Vegetal aroma with a distinct charred, smoky whiff of burning wood
- Complements: Grilled Chicken and Eggplant puree (Baingan Bharta)
- Health Benefit*: Reduces cholestrol, Improves digestion, Helps weight loss, aids detoxification
- Caffeine Content: Medium
- Appearance: Light Golden
- *Ingredients included in the tea are known to contribute to the mentioned health benefits.
- green pu-erh tea from yunnan province
- Allow 1 tsp of tea for each 150 ml of water
- Bring the water to boil and then let it cool down to 70-80°C
- Pour and leave to infuse for 2-3 minutes
- Sieve and serve